[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]
SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA – October 10, 2019 – Developer and publisher KRAFTON Game Union, best known for PUBG and TERA, announced today the launch of their latest game project, MISTOVER. The roguelike, turn-based RPG where strategy, choice, and dangerous dungeons await, launches digitally today on October 10, 2019 for the Nintendo SwitchTM system, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and PC (via Steam) in North America.
Players can also download the complimentary MISTOVER demos on all the available platforms. A time trial demo tasks the player with escaping the dungeon in ten minutes, while the full demo introduces the player to the lore of the mist and provides an in-depth introduction to the gameplay mechanics. KRAFTON recently announced that community feedback from the demos have been incorporated in the final product.
Featuring a striking art style that draws from both Western and Asian influences, MISTOVER is a roguelike dungeon crawler RPG with a strategy focused turn-based combat system. Players are charged with managing and leading a Corps crew on an ever-changing dungeon expedition through the Pillar of Despair, unraveling the mysteries of the Vortex to find a cure to the corrupting properties of the Mist that threaten the realm.
A massive vortex known as the Pillar of Despair released a thick mist that swept across the small kingdom of Arta, decaying the once lush lands. From this vortex, tremendous creatures known as espers were released destroying everything in their path. As Arta laid on the brink of destruction, all attacks subsided and the Expedition Corps began recruiting members willing to brave the deadly mysteries and effects of what Corps members call the Misfortune Mist.
MISTOVER Highlights Include:
- Over 40-hours of expeditions through five distinct regions
- Procedurally generated dungeons deliver new expedition experiences every time
- Build an invincible Corps by combining and strategizing with eight different classes
- Learn and master over 13 unique skills and upgrade equipment to enhance Corps members
- Exposure to the Mist affects everything, sometimes in surprising ways, including Corps members, monsters, plants and animals, and even equipment, items, and relics
- Unique game systems find players managing internal conflicts between ‘satisfaction’ and ‘greed’
- Novice to expert players can set their difficulty with Easy, Medium and Hard levels
- Designed for players who like difficulty, MISTOVER is not for the faint of heart – and features a permanent death system
Developed and published by KRAFTON Game Union, MISTOVER launched on October 10, 2019 for the Nintendo SwitchTM system, and PS4TM system, PC (via Steam) in North America and is available for $29.99(USD)/€27,99/£24.99. This title is rated “T for Teen” by the ESRB.
To stay up to date on the latest for MISTOVER, please visit the official website, join the discussion on the Steam forums, follow the team on Twitter, and visit the official YouTube channel for the latest trailers.
About KRAFTON Game Union
Established in 2007, KRAFTON is a union of game studios. Inspired from medieval craftsmen’s society “Craft Guild,” KRAFTON represents tenacious pursuit of craftsmanship and infinite challenge to make great games. The studios — STUDIO BLUEHOLE, PUBG, PNIX, SQUALL, REDSAHARA, DELUSION and EN MASSE ENTERTAINMENT — work side by side to entertain users around the world with creative gaming experiences. Ranging from Triple-A titles such as online shooter and MMORPG to causal mobile games and, KRAFTON makes games of all genres, platforms and scale.